STEM is a curriculum based on the idea of educating students in four specific disciplines — science, technology, engineering and mathematics — in an interdisciplinary and applied approach. Rather than teach the four disciplines as separate and discrete subjects, STEM integrates them into a cohesive learning paradigm based on real-world applications.
Engineering Education Scheme Wales (EESW) aims to show industry just how talented the next wave of engineers and technicians are by bringing students and industry together for the benefit of all those involved and the future prosperity of the Welsh Economy.
We run numerous activities across Wales, providing students with the opportunity to gain practical experience working with industries, businesses and higher education.
Please find a link below with some activities for you to try.
For more information see the design pack here which tells you the themes and customers to design for. “CLICK HERE FOR DESIGN PACK”
- To download the packaging template “CLICK HERE FOR TEMPLATE”.
- Entries in by 9th August so you’ve got time to create something amazing!
- This competition is only open to CCYD pupils so the winner will be from our school…..it could be YOU!!!!! Good luck!
Don’t want to design chocolate bars? Make some chocolate with our video guide! – https://youtu.be/XU1mTzmxbNw
Technocamps Summer of STEM
Send us some pictures of your homemade choccies!
Chwarae Teg presents three free 1 hour webinars for girls who are interested in careers within Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
- 1pm June 18th in partnership with Technocamps
- 1pm July 1st in partnership with The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI)
- 10am July 16th in partnership with The Royal Mint
Looking for something to break up your day?
Calling all home schoolers… Tune in for FREE every Tuesday for Space to Learn, an inspirational hour with an astronaut, for all children studying at home or in school. Hear the best space stories from a different guest astronaut each week with a LIVE 45 minute Q&A,.
Another free STEM resource for projects the learners can make at home