At CCYD we strongly believe the more involved parents are in their child’s education, the better the child performs at school. For this reason communication with parents is a priority for us. Below is a brief summary of our current communication methods:
• In the past, letters from the school have relied heavily upon ‘pupil post’. Whilst we still use this method of communication, we also ensure copies of the letters are placed on our school website.
• We send brief information or reminders via text messages. For this reason it is essential that you keep us informed of any changes to mobile phone numbers.
• Many departments use social media such as Twitter to share information and celebrate good news with parents. The school main Twitter account re-tweets the department news.
• Learners are provided with a planner which doubles up as both a homework record book and a communication tool. Please check your child’s planner weekly. Half termly data tracking sheets are also fixed into planners.
• Along with the usual yearly Parent Evenings we also run Information Evenings for years 5/6, Year 7, Key stage 3, Year 10 and Year 11. The dates are available on the calendar on the school website.
• If you would like a meeting with your child’s Heads of College please contact the school and we will make an appointment for you.
• If there is anything you want to contact us about, the ‘contact us’ email facility is readily available on the school website. This is checked daily and followed up as soon as possible.
• If you are a prospective new parent and would like a tour of the school we are happy to show you around our fabulous school at a time that is convenient to you.